Thursday 30 September 2010

Trip to Tír an Fhia

Those stark columns in Leitir Móir
Went out to Tir an Fhia about 15 miles from Carraroe Tuesday evening with a nice warm glowing sun sinking behind its headland. I was looking for a beach facing the sunset - all the good beaches seem to face east. Leitir Móir on the way offers a lot of photography potential with concrete columns standing in still waters glinting in the sun. I have to find out more about them.  However,  I was keen on a beach scene and continued on to Tír an Fhia. No luck, the sun went behind a cloud and I didn't find any beach other than Trá Bháin which was at covered by full tide and not facing the sun. On my return I took photographs at Leitir Móir. I will be back in the next day or two. The sun setting on those columns will complete the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment